The Trishas are cranking along, with lots of good things happening on the way. Rumor has it they are sequestered somewhere in the studio. This should yield their first ever release, an EP, in May. There might be a publishing deal in the works...film at eleven. We can't really tell you more because everything is shape shifting, including Jamie. In fact that might be the only thing that is a for sure. Jamie is pregnant. And due in June. So there are still some dates left to go see them, if you are in these neighborhoods, before they go on hiatus until August.
- April 23: Larry Joe Taylor's Texas Music Festival - Stephenville, TX
- April 29: Whitewater Amphitheatre - New Braunfels, TX
- May 1: Third Coast Theater - Port Aransas, TX
- May 12: Down Home - Johnson City, TN
- May 13: Music on Maxwell at John Holloway Studio - Greenwood, SC
- May 15: Stumptown Park Summer Concert Series - Sharon, SC
The Trishas last visited us on St. Patrick's Day and one of the songs they did for us was "Too Old To Die Young." I was gripped with emotion while watching this unfold on stage at Threadgill's during SXSW. What with Jamie expecting, and Savannah being the daughter of the man that penned the song, Kevin Welch, it was almost too supercharged, what with the march of generations, the spiderweb of humans connecting to humans. There were tears in my eyes, but there was joy and beauty in my heart too. Drink deep.